The New Hampshire Wildcats (9-14, 5-4 AmEast) and the Albany Great Danes (17-7, 5-4 AmEast), who both like to play patient, will clash at SEFCU Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
New Hampshire Wildcats at Albany Great Danes Free Preview
In the Wildcats last matchup, they were beaten by the Hartford Hawks, 79-62. New Hampshire’s Iba Camara had a good performance, recording 10 points and 10 rebounds. Hartford had an effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.536). New Hampshire, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 16.2).
The Great Danes come in on a high note after topping the Stony Brook Seawolves in their last outing, 57-50. Travis Charles led the way for Albany, contributing 14 points and seven rebounds. The Great Danes knocked down 17 of their 21 free throws (81.0 percent) and held the Seawolves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 32.1).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. Albany currently ranks 311th in possessions per game (66.7) and New Hampshire is 328th (65.8).
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 64-61. The Wildcats played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.484. For those same stats, the Great Danes recorded marks of 19.4 and 0.449, respectively. Tanner Leissner had a standout performance in the victory, putting up 19 points and six rebounds.
New Hampshire Wildcats vs. Albany Great Danes Betting Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 22nd in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Great Danes rank 88th (37.2).
- Albany ranks 220th in steals per game (4.6) while New Hampshire ranks 238th (3.5).
- New Hampshire ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Albany ranks 286th (15.0).
- The Wildcats rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Great Danes rank 164th (4.3).
- New Hampshire ranks third in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Albany ranks 112th (13.0).
- The Great Danes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 59.2 points per game (9.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average).