AmEast foes will collide when the Maine Black Bears (4-17, 1-5 AmEast) challenge the New Hampshire Wildcats (8-12, 4-2 AmEast) at Cross Insurance Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
New Hampshire Wildcats at Maine Black Bears Betting Preview
The Wildcats barely escaped the Stony Brook Seawolves in their last game, 53-51. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Tanner Leissner had a good performance for New Hampshire. The Wildcats had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 28.6), while the Seawolves had a free throw rate of 0.192 (below the 0.241 mark opponents have averaged against New Hampshire this season).
In the Black Bears last game, they were beaten by the Hartford Hawks, 86-68. Aaron Calixte was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Hartford had a free throw rate of 0.193 (above their season average of 0.193). Maine, on the other hand, forced the Hawks into a turnover percentage of 20.9 (above their season average of 16.7).
It could be a tough game for Maine on the offensive glass. The Black Bears rank 280th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), while New Hampshire ranks third in defensive rebounding percentage (78.7 percent).
Calixte has really been playing well over the last five games for Maine, averaging 19.6 points and 4.2 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wildcats won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last matchup, New Hampshire won 64-51. New Hampshire had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.8 vs. 12.5). Maine, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.395 vs. 0.169).
New Hampshire Wildcats at Maine Black Bears ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maine, ATS Winner – Maine, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Black Bears rank 121st (3.8).
- New Hampshire ranks 20th in rebounds per game (40.4) while Maine ranks 250th in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Wildcats rank third in assists allowed per game (9.2) while the Black Bears rank 169th (14.3).
- New Hampshire averages 24.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 69th in the nation. Maine ranks 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- The Black Bears average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.6 points per game (3.8 below their season average).