The Hartford Hawks (18-12, 11-5 AmEast) and New Hampshire Wildcats (10-20, 6-10 AmEast) will go head-to-head at Chase Family Arena to wrap up the regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
New Hampshire Wildcats at Hartford Hawks Betting Preview,
In the Wildcats last contest, they lost to the Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks, 92-77. With 18 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Tanner Leissner was New Hampshire’s leading scorer. Massachusetts-Lowell did a great job of making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent). New Hampshire, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 15.3).
The Hawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 62-53 loss to the UMBC Retrievers in their last game. With 11 points and 12 rebounds, John Carroll had a solid game for Hartford. UMBC had a free throw rate of 0.200 (above their season average of 0.199). Hartford, meanwhile, held the Retrievers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 27.7).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Hartford ranks 289th in possessions per game (67.1) and New Hampshire is 317th (66.1).
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the Hawks winning both. Jason Dunne put up 12 points and seven rebounds in the most recent contest, in which the Hawks beat the Wildcats 65-56. One of Hartford’s largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They made 27 trips to the line, while New Hampshire went just 12 times.
New Hampshire Wildcats at
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank 151st in steals per game (5.9) while the Wildcats rank 254th (3.6).
- New Hampshire ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Hartford ranks 80th (3.1).
- New Hampshire ranks 40th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Hartford ranks 220th (33.7).
- The Wildcats rank fifth in assists allowed per game (9.7) while the Hawks rank 140th (13.4).
- New Hampshire ranks 57th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Hartford ranks 190th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- The Hawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 0.9 for the seasonDuring their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (6.5 above their season average).