The New Hampshire Wildcats (3-8) and the George Washington Colonials (5-6), who both like to play slow, will square off at Charles E. Smith Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
New Hampshire Wildcats at George Washington Colonials Free Preview
The Wildcats easily got past the Lyndon State Hornets in their last contest, 111-31. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Tanner Leissner had a solid game for New Hampshire. New Hampshire played a perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 79.5 (above their season average of 28.9) and a free throw rate of 0.256 (above their season average of 0.243). Lyndon State had marks of 8.8 and 0.045, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Colonials played, they were dismantled by the No. 6 Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 59-50. Jair Bolden was George Washington’s high scorer with 13 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Miami (FL) held the Colonials to an effective field goal percentage of 0.333 (below their season average of 0.496). George Washington, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.127 vs. 0.066).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. George Washington currently ranks 330th in possessions per game (65.3) and New Hampshire is 308th (67.6).
New Hampshire Wildcats vs. George Washington Colonials ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Under
- New Hampshire ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (9.5) while George Washington ranks 136th (11.2).
- The Colonials rank 35th in three pointers allowed per game (17.7) while the Wildcats rank 124th (24.4).
- New Hampshire is 50th in the nation with 32.3 rebounds allowed per game while George Washington is 59th with 33.5 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Colonials average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.0 points per game (5.1 below their season average).