The Fairfield Stags (4-6) will be at home in Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard when they go head-to-head against the New Hampshire Wildcats (3-9). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
New Hampshire Wildcats at Fairfield Stags Free Preview
The Wildcats fell to the George Washington Colonials in their last outing, 68-64. With 14 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Tanner Leissner was New Hampshire’s leading scorer. George Washington had a free throw rate of 0.264 (above their season average of 0.202). New Hampshire, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.488).
In the Stags last game, they were topped by the Old Dominion Monarchs, 82-77. Tyler Nelson was Fairfield’s high scorer with 26 points on 6-for-18 shooting. Old Dominion had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 31.7). Fairfield, on the other hand, did a great job of getting and making free throws (22-29; 75.9 percent).
It could be a tough game for Fairfield on the offensive glass. The Stags rank 332nd in offensive rebounding percentage (21.8 percent), while New Hampshire ranks eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.9 percent).
New Hampshire Wildcats vs. Fairfield Stags Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Fairfield, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Stags rank 61st (2.9).
- New Hampshire ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (40.8) while Fairfield ranks 234th in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- The Stags average 25.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 53rd in the NCAA. The Wildcats rank 189th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- New Hampshire ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (10.1) while Fairfield ranks 120th (13.3).
- The Stags average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 4.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 59.6 points per game (5.7 below their season average).