The No. 20 TCU Horned Frogs (9-0) and the No. 22 Nevada Wolf Pack (8-1) go head-to-head at Staples Center. Action starts at 1 a.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Nevada Wolf Pack vs. TCU Horned Frogs Betting Preview
The Wolf Pack fell to the Texas Tech Red Raiders in their last game, 82-76. Caleb Martin had a solid performance for Nevada, leading the team in scoring with 28 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Texas Tech had a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 16.5). Nevada, meanwhile, was lights out from beyond the arc (12-30; 40.0 percent).
In the Horned Frogs last matchup, they defeated the SMU Mustangs, 94-83. With 27 points on 7-for-8 shooting, Kenrich Williams was the top scorer from either team. TCU played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.652 (above their season average of 0.230) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.5 (above their season average of 31.1). For those same stats, SMU was 0.293 and 34.4, respectively.
This matchup figures to be a shootout as two of the NCAA’s top offenses square off. Since last season, TCU ranks 10th with 111.5 points per 100 possessions and Nevada is 37th (114.3). Additionally, the Wolf Pack, who rank 35th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.292), will go head-to-head against the Horned Frogs, who rank 27th in opponents FTA rate (0.206).
Nevada Wolf Pack vs. TCU Horned Frogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Horned Frogs rank second in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Wolf Pack rank 161st (35.1).
- Nevada ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while TCU ranks 16th (3.6).
- Nevada ranks 32nd in assists per game (16.4) while TCU ranks 296th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Wolf Pack rank 70th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Horned Frogs rank 285th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4).
- TCU ranks 29th in steals per game (6.8) while Nevada ranks 203rd (5.7).