The Colorado State Rams (10-14, 3-8 MWC), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Nevada Wolf Pack (19-4, 8-1 MWC) to Moby Arena. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams ATS Preview
In the Wolf Pack’s last outing, they were victorious over the Fresno State Bulldogs, 102-92. Cody Martin led Nevada in scoring with 22 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Nevada dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 13.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 26.9). For those same stats, Fresno State put up marks of 14.5 and 14.8, respectively.
The Rams are hoping for a better outcome after their 91-86 loss to the Wyoming Cowboys in their last outing. Deion James was Colorado State’s high scorer with 24 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Wyoming had a much better free throw rate (0.304 vs. 0.197). Colorado State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.0 vs. 22.9).
The high-octane offense of Nevada will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Colorado State. The Wolf Pack rank 12th in offensive efficiency, while the Rams are 299th in defensive efficiency. The Wolf Pack should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Nico Carvacho has really been playing well over the last five games for Colorado State, averaging 13.8 rebounds and 10.8 points per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wolf Pack won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Nevada won 79-71. The Wolf Pack dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.473 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6. For those same stats, the Rams were 0.085 and 20.0, respectively.
Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Under
- The Rams average 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 56th in the nation. The Wolf Pack rank 140th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- Colorado State ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Nevada ranks 62nd (2.9).
- Nevada ranks 27th in assists per game (17.0) while Colorado State ranks 214th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Wolf Pack average 23.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 98th in the NCAA. The Rams rank 264th in three pointers allowed per game (26.7).
- Nevada ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Colorado State ranks 98th (6.1).
- The Rams average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolf Pack have scored an average of 86.6 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (3.7 above their season average).