The undefeated No. 22 Nevada Wolf Pack (8-0) look to remain unbeaten when they go head-to-head with the Texas Tech Red Raiders (6-1) at United Supermarkets Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 145 points with Texas Tech opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Preview
In the Wolf Pack’s last contest, they were victorious over the UC Irvine Anteaters, 76-65. Jordan Caroline was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Nevada played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.246 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 14.8). UC Irvine was 0.077 and 14.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The Red Raiders are trying to rebound after their 89-79 loss to the Seton Hall Pirates in their last game. Keenan Evans led Texas Tech in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-16 shooting. One of Seton Hall’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Texas Tech had 16.
This matchup figures to be a shootout as two of the NCAA’s best offenses square off. Texas Tech ranks 53rd with 111.9 points per 100 possessions and Nevada is 24th (114.9) dating back to last season. Additionally, the Wolf Pack rank 12th in turnover percentage (15.7 percent), while the Red Raiders rank 45th in opponents turnover percentage (21.4 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Nevada games have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while 80.0 percent of games including Texas Tech have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wolf Pack have a significant advantage. They are 8-0 SU and 7-0-1 ATS, while the Red Raiders are 6-1 SU and 3-2 ATS.
Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Nevada, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Raiders rank 37th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Wolf Pack rank 47th (5.3).
- Nevada is seventh in the NCAA with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while Texas Tech is 17th with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- Nevada ranks 70th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while Texas Tech ranks 277th (18.2).
- The Wolf Pack rank 59th in rebounds per game (38.3) while the Red Raiders rank 258th (33.8).
- Texas Tech ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Nevada ranks 190th (13.6).