MWC foes will collide when the Fresno State Bulldogs (10-3) meet the Nevada Wolf Pack (11-3) at Save Mart Center. Nevada is a 2.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 150 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Nevada Wolf Pack at Fresno State Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Wolf Pack lost a close one to the San Francisco Dons in their last outing, 66-64. With 21 points on 7-for-16 shooting, Caleb Martin was the games leading scorer. San Francisco held the Wolf Pack to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6 (below their season average of 27.6). Nevada, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (10-14; 71.4 percent).
In the Bulldogs last game, they blew out the Cal State-Monterey Bay Otters, 93-56. Fresno State’s Nate Grimes played well, finishing with 10 points and 17 rebounds. Fresno State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.149 (below their season average of 0.298) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 52.9 (above their season average of 32.6). Cal State-Monterey Bay had marks of 0.017 and 13.9, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a difficult game for Fresno State on the offensive glass. The Bulldogs are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 191st in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.3 percent. Meanwhile, Nevada ranks 90th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 73.7 percent. Moreover, the Wolf Pack, who rank 60th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.283), will face off against the Bulldogs, who rank 310th in opponents FTA rate (0.243).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to go over the O/U total. Nevada games have gone over 69.2 percent of the time, while Fresno State games have gone over 77.8 percent of the time. Both teams have excellent straight up (SU) records (11-3 for Nevada; 10-3 for Fresno State), but the Wolf Pack have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Nevada is 8-4-1 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 5-4.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bulldogs won two out of three meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Nevada won 83-72. The Wolf Pack played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.370 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5. For those same stats, the Bulldogs recorded marks of 0.207 and 28.1, respectively.
Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Fresno State Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Nevada, O/U – Over
- The Wolf Pack rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bulldogs rank 70th (3.5).
- Nevada is 4-3-1 ATS on the road, while Fresno State is 2-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Wolf Pack’s 8 road games, while 3 of the Bulldogs 4 home games have gone over.
- Nevada ranks 36th in assists per game (17.1) while Fresno State ranks 167th (13.6).
- The Wolf Pack rank 136th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Bulldogs rank 235th (18.4).
- Fresno State ranks 27th in steals per game (8.6) while Nevada ranks 109th (6.4).
- Fresno State is 1-1 ATS with 1 over and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Nevada is 1-3 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.2, up from 15.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolf Pack have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average).