The Nebraska Cornhuskers (18-15, 8-14 Big 10) face off against the 19th-ranked Wisconsin Badgers (22-9, 14-6 Big 10) in the Big Ten Tourney at United Center. The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, March 15, 2019.
Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Wisconsin Badgers Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Badgers (4-point favorites) defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes 73-67 in their last game, while the Cornhuskers (2-point underdog) beat the 21st-ranked Maryland Terrapins 69-61 in their last game. The Wisconsin game went 18 points over the projected point total of 122, while the Nebraska game went 6.5 points under the projected point total of 136.5.
Nebraska dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 12.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509 (above their season average of 0.493). For those same stats, Maryland was 15.5 and 0.420, respectively. The Badgers, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.185 vs. 0.121) and held the Buckeyes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.8 (below their season average of 28.3). Khalil Iverson had a good outing for Wisconsin, contributing 22 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Nebraska received a boost from James Palmer Jr., who had 24 points and five rebounds.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Cornhuskers games, with 17 unders compared to 14 overs. Nebraska holds records of 18-15 straight up (SU) and 14-15-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Badgers’ 31 games, 18 have finished under the O/U total. Further, Wisconsin owns records of 22-9 SU and 16-13-2 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams battle. Wisconsin ranks 330th in possessions per game (65.3) and Nebraska is 279th (67.0). Also, the Cornhuskers rank ninth in turnover percentage (14.4 percent), while the Badgers rank 281st in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.1 percent).
Nebraska vs. Wisconsin Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Under
- Nebraska ranks 46th in blocks per game (4.2) while Wisconsin ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Badgers rank 14th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Cornhuskers rank 43rd (11.3).
- Nebraska is 18th in the NCAA with 5.0 steals allowed per game while Wisconsin is 21st with 5.0 steals allowed per game.
- The Badgers rank 154th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Cornhuskers rank 264th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- Nebraska ranks 165th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Wisconsin ranks 259th (19.5).
- The Badgers are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cornhuskers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Wisconsin has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Nebraska has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Badgers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, down from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cornhuskers have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (10.8 above their season average).