The Wisconsin Badgers (10-12, 3-6 Big 10) can extend a six-game home winning streak when they square off against the Nebraska Cornhuskers (16-8, 7-4 Big 10) at Kohl Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 130.5 points with Wisconsin set as a 2.5-point favorite. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, January 29, 2018.
Nebraska Cornhuskers at Wisconsin Badgers Betting Preview
The Cornhuskers defeated the Iowa Hawkeyes in their last contest, 98-84. With 23 points and 11 rebounds, Isaac Copeland had a good performance for Nebraska. Nebraska dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.519 (above their season average of 0.264) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 29.5). Iowa was 0.136 and 29.7, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Badgers last matchup, they were topped by the No. 9 Michigan State Spartans, 76-61. Ethan Happ led Wisconsin in scoring with 23 points on 7-for-19 shooting. Michigan State held the Badgers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.405 (below their season average of 0.522). Wisconsin, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 17.6).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams square off. Wisconsin ranks 347th in possessions per game (64.1) and Nebraska is 258th (68.3).
Of Nebraska’s 22 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of Wisconsin’s 21 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Cornhuskers have a sizable advantage. They are 16-8 SU and 16-6 ATS, while the Badgers are 10-12 SU and 8-13 ATS.
James Palmer Jr. has been on fire over the last five games for Nebraska, averaging 20.0 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 122 points, which was under the projected point total of 132. The Cornhuskers won 63-59, covering as 2-point favorites. One of Nebraska’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 28 free throw attempts, while Wisconsin had just 10. In the loss, Happ had a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds.
Nebraska Cornhuskers at Wisconsin Badgers Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Under
- The Badgers are fourth in the nation with 15.6 three pointers allowed per game while the Cornhuskers are 23rd with 18.1 three pointers allowed per game.
- On the road, Nebraska is 7-4 ATS with 8 unders and 3 overs.
- Wisconsin is 6-5 ATS at home with 7 overs and 4 unders.
- Wisconsin ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Nebraska ranks 258th (38.8).
- The Cornhuskers rank 14th in blocks per game (5.6) while the Badgers rank 124th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Nebraska ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Wisconsin ranks 90th (6.0).
- Wisconsin is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Nebraska is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Badgers have been outscored by an average of 8.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Wisconsin has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Cornhuskers have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (5.8 below their season average).