The Creighton Bluejays (6-2) can continue a five-game home winning streak when they clash against the Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-3) at CenturyLink Center Omaha. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Preview
The last time the Cornhuskers played, they beat the No. 14 Minnesota Golden Gophers, 78-68. Glynn Watson Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 9-for-17 shooting. The Cornhuskers knocked down 22 of their 28 free throws (78.6 percent) and held the Golden Gophers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.368 (below their season average of 0.545).
The Bluejays hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the North Dakota Fighting Hawks in their last game, 111-68. Creighton was lifted by Martin Krampelj, who had 15 points and 14 rebounds. Creighton played a perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (above their season average of 24.9) and a free throw rate of 0.222 (matching their season average). For those same stats, North Dakota put up marks of 11.4 and 0.104, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, this will be a matchup of two heavyweights. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Creighton offense ranks sixth in the nation in that metric at 0.580, while the Nebraska defense ranks 51st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.503).
The Bluejays won the only contest against the Cornhuskers last season, 77-62. Creighton had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.551 vs. 0.345). Nebraska, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 23.5).
Nebraska Cornhuskers at Creighton Bluejays Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bluejays average 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 167th in the NCAA. The Cornhuskers rank 305th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- Creighton ranks 14th in assists per game (17.4) while Nebraska ranks 100th (12.2).
- Nebraska ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Creighton ranks 221st (22.6).
- The Cornhuskers rank ninth in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bluejays rank 198th (2.9).
- Nebraska ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.9) while Creighton ranks 182nd (6.5).