The Old Dominion Monarchs and Florida Atlantic Owls will go head-to-head on the grass at FAU Stadium. The game is scheduled to get going at 5:00 p.m. ET and fans can watch the action on STAD.
Betting Preview: Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Florida Atlantic Owls
In this Saturday Conference USA game, Florida Atlantic is getting picked as the big favorite and is currently giving up 15 points. The Monarchs are also receiving +550 moneyline odds while the Owls are -840. This CUSA matchup should provide several decent live betting opportunities, and oddsmakers have determined the over/under (O/U) to be 68.5 points.
The line opened at -15 while the O/U hasn’t moved since it opened at 68.5.
The Monarchs have lost 5.4 units so far in 2018 and are 2-3 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an O/U record of 4-1.
The Owls are down 2.5 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 0-5 ATS and three of their games have gone over the total.
The Monarchs are 1-4 straight up (SU), including 0-2 SU against conference opponents. The Owls are 2-3 SU overall and 0-1 SU in conference play.
The Monarchs lost to East Carolina 37-35 in a matchup where the defense allowed the Pirates to pass for 313 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 179 yards and two scores. Anthony Scott had a good day for the Pirates in that one with 62 rushing yards and a score on 15 attempts. On the offensive side of the ball, Blake LaRussa completed 21-of-36 passes for 250 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. As a team, the Monarchs rushed for just 21 yards in the defeat.
Florida Atlantic most-recently fell 25-24 to Middle Tennessee. The defense allowed the Blue Raiders to rush for 137 yards on 36 attempts, including two rush TDs. Brad Anderson put up a productive outing in the win, posting 51 rushing yards and a score on 10 attempts, along with 53 yards on five catches for Middle Tennessee. For Florida Atlantic, Chris Robison completed 17-of-27 passes for 154 yards and one interception. Devin Singletary (118 yards on 34 rush attempts, two TDs) and the signal-caller Robison (59 yards on nine carries, one TD) led the ground game in the defeat while Willie Wright (four receptions, 33 yards) and Harrison Bryant (four catches, 26 yards) led the pass-catching attack.
Old Dominion’s run the ball on 46.8 percent of its offensive possessions this year while Florida Atlantic has a rush percentage of 60.2 percent. The Monarchs have rushed for 100.6 yards/game (including 108.0 per game against Conference USA opponents) and have nine touchdowns via handoffs this year. The Owls are totaling 230.8 rushing yards per game and have 16 total rush TDs.
If 2018 numbers can translate to this game, then it’s looking like the Owls ought to hold an advantage when it comes to applying pressure, as their offensive line has allowed just four sacks while their D-line has logged six sacks. The Monarchs offensive line has given up 16 sacks and their defense has sacked opposing QBs just nine times.
The Monarchs offense has averaged 287.0 yards in the air overall (259.0 per game against conference opposition) and has nine passing TDs so far. The Owls have recorded 225.4 pass yards per outing and have five total pass scores.
Defensively, Old Dominion has let opponents rush for an average of 219.0 yards and pass for 290.0 yards per game. The Florida Atlantic defense has given up 255.2 yards per game to opposing passers and 204.0 yards per game on the ground. The Monarchs are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of 7.98 to opposing QBs, while the Owls have given up an ugly 9.07 ANY/A.
Robison has managed to complete 81-of-120 passes for 953 yards, four TDs and three INTs for Florida Atlantic. His adjusted net yards per pass attempt sits at 7.10 for the season and 2.23 over his past two games. In the other huddle, LaRussa has put up 433 passing yards this year. He’s completed 33-of-55 attempts with three passing touchdowns and one interception. LaRussa has a 5.71 ANY/A for the year, although that number is 7.61 over the past two games.
When these two squads faced one another a year ago, Florida Atlantic won easily 58-28.
Old Dominion Monarchs at Florida Atlantic Owls Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Florida Atlantic, ATS Winner: Florida Atlantic, O/U: Over
Team Betting Notes
- The Old Dominion D has sacked opposing quarterbacks nine times this season. Florida Atlantic has registered six sacks.
- Both teams have lost two fumbles this year.
- Both teams have produced four pass plays of 40+ yards. The Monarchs have have made eight pass plays of 30+ yards while the Owls have created six such plays.
- The Old Dominion defense has allowed six pass plays of 40+ yards, while Florida Atlantic has given up five such plays.
- The Old Dominion offense has created five rushing plays of 20+ yards, while Florida Atlantic has created eight such runs.
- The Monarchs defense has allowed 10 rushing plays of 20+ yards, while the Owls have given up seven such runs.
- Florida Atlantic was getting 3 points in its last match and the O/U going into it was 65. The under cashed and Florida Atlantic covered in the 25-24 defeat to Middle Tennessee.
- Over its last three matches, Old Dominion is 2-1 ATS and the over cashed in each of those three.
- Old Dominion was favored by 7 points in its previous game and the Over/Under was set at 61.5. The over cashed and Old Dominion was not able to cover in the 37-35 loss to East Carolina.
- As a team, Old Dominion has averaged 2.89690721649485 yards per rush attempt across its past three games and 2.3 over its last two.
- Florida Atlantic has averaged 5.8 yards per carry over its last three outings and 5.6 over its last two.