The Boston College Eagles (+4) are heading south to battle their ACC foe No. 23 North Carolina State Wolfpack at Carter-Finley Stadium. Fans can catch the action live on CHSS and the opening kickoff is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Boston College Eagles
Boston College is playing the role of underdog and is currently getting 4 points in this ACC game. The Eagles are also receiving +165 moneyline odds while the Wolfpack are -185. Oddsmakers have determined the over/under (O/U) to be 59.5 points, and if one squad can catch a lucky break early on, it will likely generate a decent live betting opportunity.
This game’s opening line was -4, while the O/U hasn’t changed since it opened at 59.5.
The Eagles have lost 0.4 units so far and are 3-2 against the spread (ATS). The team has recorded an O/U mark of 4-1.
The Wolfpack have been a nice surprise for moneyline bettors this season, gaining 3.0 units. They’re 3-1 ATS and have an O/U record of 2-1.
The Eagles have gone 4-1 straight up (SU), including 1-0 SU against ACC opponents. The Wolfpack are 4-0 SU overall and 1-0 SU in conference play.
The Eagles are coming off a 45-35 win over Temple last week. The Eagles defense allowed the Owls to rush for 191 yards on 34 attempts, including four rush TDs. Offensively, Anthony Brown completed only 15-of-33 passes for 139 yards and two touchdowns. AJ Dillon (161 yards on 28 rush attempts, two TDs) and Ben Glines (120 yards on 23 carries, one TD) led the ground attack while Jeff Smith (four receptions, 36 yards, one TD) and Michael Walker (three catches, 19 yards) handled the receiving duties in the win.
North Carolina State is coming off of a 35-21 win over Virginia. Ryan Finley completed 22-of-32 passes for 257 yards and three touchdowns. Reggie Gallaspy (47 rushing yards on 14 attempts, one TD) and Ricky Person (108 yards on 14 carries) spearheaded the running game while Kelvin Harmon (six receptions, 94 yards, one TD) and Emeka Emezie (five catches, 90 yards, one TD) led the receiving corps in the win.
Boston College has run the ball on 65.5 percent of its offensive possessions this year while North Carolina State has an overall rush percentage of 46.7 percent. The Eagles have produced 243.4 rush yards per game and have 12 touchdowns on the ground this year. The Pack are putting up 124.8 rush yards per game and have seven total rushing TDs.
The Eagles offensive scheme has averaged 233.4 yards through the air overall and has 17 passing scores so far. The Pack have produced an astonishing 342.3 pass yards per game and have eight total pass TDs.
Defensively, Boston College seems to have the upper hand when it comes to limiting the pass. The team has allowed opponents to rush for an average of 151.8 yards and pass for 217.4 yards per game. The North Carolina State defense has allowed 243.0 yards per game to opposing passers and 104.3 yards per game to opposing runners. The Eagles are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of only 3.80 to opposing QBs, while the Pack have given up a 5.41 ANY/A.
Finley has managed to complete 82-of-113 passes for 936 yards, seven TDs and one INT. Finley’s adjusted net yards per pass attempt stands at 9.01 for the season and 9.70 over his last two games. In the other huddle, Brown is up to 765 passing yards on the year, and has completed 48-of-81 attempts with 11 passing touchdowns and has yet to throw an interception. Brown has an 11.40 ANY/A for the year, although that number is 1.21 over the past two games.
These two squads faced off last year with the final outcome being a 17-14 victory for North Carolina State.
Boston College Eagles vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Boston College, ATS Winner: Boston College, O/U: Under
Team Betting Trends
- Boston College was favored by 14 points in its last game and the Over/Under was set at 54.5. The over cashed and Boston College failed to cover in the 45-35 victory over Temple.
- Boston College, as a team, has averaged 4.02777777777778 yards per rush attempt over its last three outings and 3.6 over its last two.
- North Carolina State has averaged 3.9 yards per carry over its last three contests and 4.0 over its last two.
- The North Carolina State offense has lost two fumbles this season while Boston College has lost four.
- Over its last three games, Boston College is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- North Carolina State was favored by 7 points in its previous outing and the Over/Under going into it was 53. The over cashed and North Carolina State covered in the team’s 35-21 win over Virginia.
- Over its last three matches, North Carolina State is 3-0 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- The Eagles offense has recorded three pass plays of 40 or more yards, while the Wolfpack have put up two such plays.
- Both teams have allowed two pass plays of 40+ yards. The Boston College defense has given up six pass plays of 30+ yards while North Carolina State has permitted five such plays.
- The Boston College offense has created 13 rushing plays of 20+ yards, while North Carolina State has created three such runs.
- The Eagles defense has allowed four rushing plays of 20+ yards, while the Wolfpack have given up five such runs.
- The Boston College defense has 18 sacks on the year while North Carolina State has just 10.