Pat foes will battle when the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (2-9) meet the Navy Midshipmen (9-4) at Reitz Arena. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Navy Midshipmen at Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Odds Preview
The Midshipmen fell to the Lipscomb Bisons in their last game, 73-64. Navy’s Tom Lacey recorded 12 points and 11 rebounds in the contest. Lipscomb did an excellent job of making free throws (19-26; 73.1 percent). Navy, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 vs. 23.5).
In the Greyhounds last matchup, they were beaten by the Memphis Tigers, 83-71. With 12 points and 13 rebounds, Loyola Maryland’s Cam Gregory played well. Memphis did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (19-26; 73.1 percent). Loyola Maryland, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 28.1).
It will be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo Greyhounds will look to push the more methodical Midshipmen. The Greyhounds rank 100th in possessions per game while the Midshipmen are 293rd.
Chuck Champion has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Loyola Maryland, averaging 18.0 points and 1.8 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Midshipmen won both contests last season. In the most recent contest, Navy won 62-59. The Midshipmen dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 51.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.489. The Greyhounds recorded marks of 33.3 and 0.417, respectively, for those same stats.
Navy Midshipmen vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
- The Greyhounds rank 110th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Midshipmen rank 129th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Navy ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (29.9) while Loyola Maryland ranks 167th (35.7).
- The Greyhounds average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. The Midshipmen rank 131st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Navy ranks 217th in three pointers attempted per game (19.0) while Loyola Maryland ranks 249th (17.4).
- The Greyhounds average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Midshipmen have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average).