The Navy Midshipmen (7-3) will travel to Physical Education Complex to clash with the Coppin State Eagles (0-8) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Navy Midshipmen vs. Coppin State Eagles Free Preview
The Midshipmen defeated the Morgan State Bears in their last outing, 66-59. Hasan Abdullah was the top scorer from either team with 15 points on 5-for-10 shooting. The Midshipmen had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 48.3 (above their season average of 32.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.561 (above their season average of 0.510).
In the Eagles last game, they were beaten by the Georgetown Hoyas, 76-60. Karonn Davis was Coppin State’s high scorer with 20 points on 4-for-11 shooting. Georgetown had a free throw rate of 0.522 (above their season average of 0.289). Coppin State, on the other hand, forced the Hoyas into a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above the 13.5 mark opponents have averaged against Coppin State this season).
It could be a tough game for Coppin State on the offensive glass. The Eagles rank 293rd in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), while Navy ranks 51st in defensive rebounding percentage (74.5 percent) since last season.
Navy Midshipmen at Coppin State Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Navy, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Midshipmen rank 81st in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the Eagles rank 236th (22.8).
- Coppin State ranks 246th in blocks per game (2.3) while Navy ranks 275th (1.9).
- Navy ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Coppin State ranks 320th (41.5).
- The Eagles rank 87th in steals allowed per game (5.8) while the Midshipmen rank 254th (7.5).
- Navy ranks 146th in assists per game (13.8) while Coppin State ranks 307th (9.8).