The Columbia Lions (1-8), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Navy Midshipmen (8-3) to Francis S. Levien Gymnasium. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Navy Midshipmen vs. Columbia Lions Odds Preview
In the Midshipmen’s last outing, they were victorious over the Coppin State Eagles, 70-53. George Kiernan led Navy in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Navy played a flawless game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.577 (above their season average of 0.515) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 34.2). Coppin State recorded marks of 0.440 and 20.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Lions are hoping for a better outcome after their 76-66 loss to the Stony Brook Seawolves in their last contest. Mike Smith led Columbia in scoring with 18 points on 5-for-18 shooting. One of Stony Brook’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 28 trips to the line, while Columbia went 23 times.
This game should be a battle of opposite styles. Columbia ranks 47th in possessions per game (70.7) while Navy is 298th (65.1) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Midshipmen won the sole contest against the Lions last season, 69-54. The Midshipmen played a perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.346 and a turnover percentage of 16.7. For those same stats, the Lions were 0.132 and 24.4, respectively.
Navy Midshipmen at Columbia Lions ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Navy, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Midshipmen average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 115th in the nation. The Lions rank 182nd in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Columbia averages 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 94th in the NCAA. Navy ranks 117th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Navy ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Columbia ranks 268th (37.7).
- The Lions rank 18th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while the Midshipmen rank 209th (20.6).
- Navy ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while Columbia ranks 178th (15.3).