Pat foes will battle when the Colgate Raiders (7-7, 2-1 Pat) go head-to-head against the Navy Midshipmen (11-5, 2-1 Pat) at Cotterell Court. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Navy Midshipmen at Colgate Raiders Betting Preview
The Midshipmen were victorious over the American University Eagles in their last contest, 70-64. Bryce Dulin was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Navy played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.196 (below their season average of 0.269) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.516). For those same stats, American University put up marks of 0.091 and 0.536, respectively.
In the Raiders last matchup, they were topped by the Lafayette Leopards, 71-68. Jordan Swopshire led Colgate in scoring with 21 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Lafayette had a better free throw rate (0.190 vs. 0.154). Colgate, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 15.6).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Colgate ranks 271st in possessions per game (68.3) and Navy is 304th (67.3).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after splitting two games last season. The Raiders won the last matchup 55-52. Colgate’s 0.533 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Navy, who had a mark of 0.362.
Navy Midshipmen vs. Colgate Raiders Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Navy, O/U – Under
- The Raiders rank 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Midshipmen rank 109th (3.7).
- Navy ranks 109th in assists per game (14.5) while Colgate ranks 150th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Colgate ranks 35th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while Navy ranks 206th (19.2).
- The Midshipmen rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.7) while the Raiders rank 130th (34.9).
- Colgate ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Navy ranks 122nd (6.7).
- The Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Midshipmen have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average).