Pat foes will collide when the Army West Point Black Knights (13-11, 6-7 Pat) meet the Navy Midshipmen (16-10, 7-6 Pat) at Christl Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Navy Midshipmen at Army West Point Black Knights Free Preview
The last time the Midshipmen played, they won big over the Holy Cross Crusaders, 69-34. With 12 points and six rebounds, Bryce Dulin played well for Navy. Navy played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 (below their season average of 33.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.508). Holy Cross put up marks of 9.1 and 0.314, respectively, for those same stats.
The Black Knights are trying to rebound after their 81-54 loss to the Lafayette Leopards in their last outing. With 10 points and five rebounds, Army West Point’s Matt Wilson played well. Lafayette did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (15-16; 93.8 percent). Army West Point, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.8 vs. 19.7).
Second-chance points could be rare for Army West Point in this contest. The Black Knights rank 264th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.6 percent), while Navy ranks fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.9 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Black Knights won 64-62. Army West Point’s 0.602 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Navy, who had a mark of 0.356. Shawn Anderson scored a game-high 24 points.
Navy Midshipmen vs. Army West Point Black Knights ATS Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Navy, O/U – Over
- The Black Knights rank 162nd in blocks per game (2.8) while the Midshipmen rank 228th (1.3).
- Navy averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 111th in the NCAA. Army West Point ranks 151st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Navy ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (29.1) while Army West Point ranks 207th (36.2).
- The Black Knights average 24.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. The Midshipmen rank 154th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- Army West Point ranks 17th in assists per game (17.2) while Navy ranks 105th (14.5).
- The Black Knights have been outscored by an average of 8.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Army West Point has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Midshipmen have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (4.6 below their season average).