The Illinois State Redbirds (4-5) will be at home in Redbird Arena when they take on the Murray State Racers (5-1). Illinois State is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 145 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Murray State Racers at Illinois State Redbirds Betting Preview
In the Racers last outing, they easily got past the Florida A&M Rattlers, 80-59. Leroy Buchanan was Murray State’s leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Murray State dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 17.6) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 33.1). For those same stats, Florida A&M was 17.4 and 38.9, respectively.
The Redbirds are hoping for a better outcome after their 80-68 loss to the BYU Cougars in their last matchup. Taylor Bruninga led Illinois State in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting. BYU had a better free throw rate (0.190 vs. 0.115). Illinois State, on the other hand, held the Cougars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 29.0).
Murray State appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Racers rank 54th in offensive efficiency, while Illinois State ranks 206th in defensive efficiency.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring Murray State have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Illinois State games have finished over. The Racers have the better straight up (SU) record (5-1 vs. 4-5), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
The Racers won the lone game against the Redbirds last season, 73-70. Murray State had a better turnover percentage (17.4 vs. 22.2). Illinois State, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent).
Murray State Racers vs. Illinois State Redbirds Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Illinois State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Redbirds rank 122nd in blocks per game (4.6) while the Racers rank 229th (2.5).
- Illinois State ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while Murray State ranks 104th (5.9).
- Murray State ranks 82nd in rebounds per game (37.7) while Illinois State ranks 320th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- The Racers rank 72nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Redbirds rank 286th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).
- Murray State ranks 113th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Illinois State ranks 271st (12.0).