The Murray State Racers (1-1) will travel to Ervin J. Nutter Center to square off against the Wright State Raiders (0-2) in their home opener. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 152.5 points with Wright State opening as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Murray State Racers vs. Wright State Raiders Free Preview
In the Racers last contest, they were beaten by the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, 72-67. With 16 points on 3-for-7 shooting, Temetrius Morant was Murray States high scorer. Middle Tennessee had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 vs. 22.9). Murray State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (20.8 vs. 22.2).
The Raiders are trying to rebound after their 73-67 loss to the Miami (OH) RedHawks in their last outing. With 13 points and 12 rebounds, Wright States Loudon Love had a good game. Miami (OH) had a much better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 19.4). Wright State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 vs. 12.8).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Wright State figures to have a substantial advantage. Since last season, the Raiders offense ranks 95th in that metric at 0.526, while the Murray State defense ranks 217th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509).
The Racers have had records of 17-18 straight up (SU) and 12-19 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Murray State games since last season with 16 overs compared to 15 unders.
Meanwhile, the Raiders, have records of 20-14 SU and 16-16 ATS since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to set the total low when Wright State has been involved over that same stretch as 62.5 percent of their games have gone over the projected point total.
The Raiders won the lone game against the Racers last season, 77-62. Wright State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.535 vs. 0.384). Murray State, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (19-26; 73.1 percent).
Murray State Racers vs. Wright State Raiders Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Raiders average 35.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 182nd in the NCAA. The Racers rank 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Murray State ranks 240th in blocks per game (2.4) while Wright State ranks 250th (2.3).
- Murray State averages 24.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. Wright State ranks 230th in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- The Racers rank 162nd in steals per game (6.1) while the Raiders rank 224th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Wright State averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 90th in the NCAA. Murray State ranks 143rd in assists allowed per game (13.1).