The Pittsburgh Panthers (4-4) will be at home in Petersen Events Center when they meet the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (2-5). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Preview
In the Mountaineers last contest, they beat the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 80-75. Junior Robinson was the games leading scorer with 39 points on 10-for-23 shooting. The Mountaineers forced 19 turnovers and held the Greyhounds to an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 (below the 0.572 mark opponents have averaged against Mount St. Mary’s this season).
The Panthers come in on a high note after topping the Duquesne Dukes in their last outing, 76-64. With 16 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Ryan Luther was Pittsburgh’s leading scorer. The Panthers had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.616 (above their season average of 0.523) and had a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 19.9).
Mount St. Mary’s may have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this showdown. Since the 2016-17 season, the Mountaineers rank 296th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.213, while Pittsburgh ranks 25th in FTA rate allowed (0.190).
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers at Pittsburgh Panthers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mountaineers rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Panthers rank 145th (3.4).
- Pittsburgh ranks 224th in rebounds per game (34.7) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 318th (29.7).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks seventh in three pointers allowed per game (15.9) while Pittsburgh ranks 222nd (22.4).
- The Mountaineers rank 78th in assists allowed per game (11.9) while the Panthers rank 269th (15.0).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 200th in steals per game (5.9) while Pittsburgh ranks 305th (4.0).