The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (15-11, 9-4 NEC) look to extend their five-game winning streak against the struggling Bryant Bulldogs (2-24, 1-12 NEC) at Chace Athletic Center. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers vs. Bryant Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Mountaineers last contest, they defeated the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils, 71-57. Junior Robinson was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 12-for-17 shooting. The Mountaineers forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.545).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 96-76 loss to the Wagner Seahawks in their last outing. Brandon Carroll was Bryant’s leading scorer with 25 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Wagner had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 18.0). Bryant, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.300 (above their season average of 0.182).
Points at the line could be few and far between for Bryant in this showdown. The Bulldogs currently rank 328th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.186, while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 71st in FTA rate allowed (0.202). Also, the Mountaineers rank 50th in effective field goal percentage (0.547), while the Bulldogs rank 343rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.572).
These teams have already met once this season. The Mountaineers won 96-80. The Mountaineers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.364 and a turnover percentage of 13.0. The Bulldogs were 0.091 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats. Adam Grant scored a game-high 29 points.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers vs. Bryant Bulldogs Betting Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, ATS Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Under
- The Mountaineers rank 237th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2) while the Bulldogs rank 292nd (40.4).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 86th in steals per game (6.7) while Bryant ranks 110th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while Bryant ranks 254th in three pointers allowed per game (24.8).
- The Mountaineers rank 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Bulldogs rank 182nd (4.4).
- Mount St. Mary’s averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 117th in the NCAA. Bryant ranks 255th in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.8, down from 13.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (11.6 below their season average).