The Morgan State Bears (4-4) look to snap the six-game winning streak of Towson when they head to SECU Arena to meet the Tigers (6-1). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Morgan State Bears at Towson Tigers Odds Preview
The Bears fell to the Navy Midshipmen in their last outing, 66-59. Morgan State’s Martez Cameron had 14 points and six assists in the game. Navy had an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.3 (above their season average of 32.9). Morgan State, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (15-17; 88.2 percent).
The last time the Tigers played, they dismantled the St. Mary’s (MD) Seahawks, 90-57. With 24 points on 9-for-12 shooting, Zane Martin was the top scorer from either team. Towson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 16.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9 (above their season average of 36.1). For those same stats, St. Mary’s (MD) had marks of 20.3 and 31.0, respectively.
Towson could have their way on defense as they go head-to-head against one of the worst offenses in the nation. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Tigers rank 53rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while Morgan State is 347th in effective field goal percentage (0.435).
The Tigers won the sole contest against the Bears last season, 78-72. The Tigers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 and a turnover percentage of 13.7. The Bears had marks of 25.7 and 17.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Morgan State Bears vs. Towson Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 109th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 212th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Neither of these teams shoot many long balls. Morgan State is 305th in the NCAA with 17.2 three pointers per game while Towson is 321st with 15.8 threes per game.
- Towson averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. Morgan State ranks 245th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- The Tigers rank 41st in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Bears rank 218th (14.0).
- Towson ranks 67th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Morgan State ranks 229th (7.0).