Expect a fast-paced game when the Morgan State Bears (8-15, 3-7 MEAC) travel to Savannah State to take on the Tigers (8-15, 5-4 MEAC). The game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Morgan State Bears vs. Savannah State Tigers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Tigers defeated the Coppin State Eagles, 71-62, while the Bears were beaten by the South Carolina State Bulldogs, 85-81.
Savannah State played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 (above their season average of 27.6) and a turnover percentage of 18.5 (worse than their season average of 16.8). For those same stats, Coppin State was 3.1 and 22.0, respectively. Morgan State, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.435). Tyrell Harper played a key role for Savannah State with 23 points and 11 rebounds. Stanley Davis, meanwhile led the way for Morgan State, recording 20 points.
In their first matchup this season, Harper led the Tigers to an 88-87 win. He notched a double-double with 11 points and 13 rebounds. Savannah State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Morgan State. The Tigers had a rate of 0.568 while the Bears posted a mark of 0.493.
There should be plenty of transition action in this contest that showcases a pair of the nation’s more fast-breaking teams. Savannah State currently ranks third in possessions per game (79.6) and Morgan State is 28th (74.1).
Morgan State Bears at Savannah State Tigers Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Savannah State, ATS Winner – Savannah State, O/U – Over
- Savannah State ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (40.4) while Morgan State ranks 298th (16.4).
- The Bears average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 49th in the country. The Tigers rank 178th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Savannah State blocks 2.7 opponent shots per game, which ranks 153rd in the country. Morgan State ranks 177th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Tigers average 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 282nd in rebounds allowed per game (40.1).
- Savannah State averages 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 58th in the country. Morgan State ranks 191st in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (16.9 below their season average).
- The Bears’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 4.9 for the season.