The Manhattan Jaspers (2-4) will be at home in Draddy Gymnasium when they go head-to-head with the Morgan State Bears (4-5). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Morgan State Bears vs. Manhattan Jaspers ATS Preview
In the Bears last matchup, they fell to the Towson Tigers, 82-78. With 25 points on 7-for-20 shooting, Phillip Carr was Morgan State’s high scorer. Towson was lights out from beyond the arc (14-30; 46.7 percent). Morgan State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 21.1).
The Jaspers are trying to rebound after their 70-57 loss to the Fordham Rams in their last matchup. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Calvin Crawford put together a solid game for Manhattan. Fordham forced the Jaspers into a turnover percentage of 31.5 (above their season average of 19.9). Manhattan, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.102 vs. 0.051).
The aggressive Manhattan offense could be getting to the free throw line a lot in this battle. The Jaspers rank 35th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.292, while Morgan State ranks 259th in FTA rate allowed (0.266) dating back to last season. ,
The Bears won the sole contest against the Jaspers last season, 85-82. The Bears played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.397 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 38.0. The Jaspers were 0.099 and 30.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Morgan State Bears at Manhattan Jaspers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jaspers rank 221st in three pointers attempted per game (19.6) while the Bears rank 295th (17.1).
- Morgan State ranks 209th in assists allowed per game (14.1) while Manhattan ranks 254th (15.1).
- Manhattan ranks 98th in steals per game (6.7) while Morgan State ranks 216th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Jaspers rank 137th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Bears rank 236th (37.1).
- Manhattan ranks 137th in blocks per game (3.4) while Morgan State ranks 216th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).