The Grand Canyon Antelopes (9-4) and the Morgan State Bears (4-7) battle at Orleans Arena. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Morgan State Bears vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Preview
The Bears fell to the George Mason Patriots in their last matchup, 86-79. Morgan State’s Phillip Carr finished with 23 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. George Mason did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (24-28; 85.7 percent). Morgan State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.5 (above their season average of 34.3).
The last time the Antelopes played, they were topped by the Louisville Cardinals, 74-56. With 12 points, Grand Canyon’s Alessandro Lever put together a good performance. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Louisville’s largest advantages. They made 27 trips to the line, while Grand Canyon went just 12 times.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Grand Canyon figures to have a significant advantage. The Antelopes defense ranks 12th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.430), while the Morgan State offense is ranked 337th in effective field goal percentage (0.452). Moreover, the Bears rank 322nd in turnover percentage (22.5 percent), while the Antelopes rank 20th in opponents turnover percentage (24.4 percent).
Morgan State Bears vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Under
- The Antelopes rank 49th in rebounds per game (39.2) while the Bears rank 136th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Morgan State averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. Grand Canyon ranks 112th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Grand Canyon ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Morgan State ranks 268th (14.4).
- The Antelopes rank 47th in assists per game (16.4) while the Bears rank 233rd (10.3).
- Grand Canyon averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. Morgan State ranks 155th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- The Antelopes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 11.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).