The Morgan State Bears (9-15, 5-6 MEAC) can put an end to a 12-game road losing streak when they take on the Florida A&M Rattlers (5-22, 4-7 MEAC) at Al Lawson Center. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018.
Morgan State Bears vs. Florida A&M Rattlers ATS Preview
The Bears lost a tough one against the Savannah State Tigers in their last matchup, 97-94. Morgan State’s Phillip Carr contributed 21 points and 15 rebounds in the game. Savannah State did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-32; 87.5 percent). Morgan State, on the other hand, held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.4 (below their season average of 27.8).
In the Rattlers last matchup, they defeated the North Carolina Central Eagles, 65-56. With 21 points on 8-for-17 shooting, Desmond Williams was the top scorer from either team. Florida A&M dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.179 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 18.4). North Carolina Central had marks of 0.044 and 17.5, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Florida A&M offense. Florida A&M ranks 292nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.9 percent), while the gambling defense of Morgan State forces the 87th-most turnovers in the nation (20.7 percent). Furthermore, the Bears rank 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.0 percent), while the Rattlers rank 345th in defensive rebounding percentage (63.6 percent).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Bears, it’s been Carr, who has averaged 11.2 rebounds and 10.4 points, while the Rattlers have gotten great contributions from Williams (23.8 points, 8.6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bears won 87-68. The Bears dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.404 and a turnover percentage of 13.7. The Rattlers recorded marks of 0.246 and 21.5, respectively, for those same stats. Tiwian Kendley was the games top overall scorer with 35 points.
Morgan State Bears at Florida A&M Rattlers Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Over
- The Rattlers rank 260th in three pointers attempted per game (18.4) while the Bears rank 300th (15.1).
- Morgan State ranks 222nd in assists per game (12.1) while Florida A&M ranks 245th (11.3).
- Morgan State ranks 33rd in rebounds per game (39.0) while Florida A&M ranks 274th in rebounds allowed per game (39.3).
- The Bears average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. The Rattlers rank 154th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Florida A&M averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 122nd in the NCAA. Morgan State ranks 168th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Rattlers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 11.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (4.6 below their season average).