The Navy Midshipmen (6-3) will be at home in Alumni Hall when they take on the Morgan State Bears (4-3). Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
Morgan State Bears vs. Navy Midshipmen ATS Preview
The last time the Bears played, they were beaten by the George Washington Colonials, 73-66. Morgan State’s Phillip Carr finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds in the game. George Washington’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Morgan State. The Colonials had a rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.181), while the Bears posted a mark of 0.214 (below their season average of 0.249).
The Midshipmen come in on a high note after beating the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens in their last game, 82-76. Navy rallied around Shawn Anderson, who finished with 20 points, six rebounds and six assists. Navy dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.267) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (below their season average of 33.0). Delaware was 0.255 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Navy in this matchup. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Midshipmen rank 17th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.3 percent), while Morgan State ranks 284th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.6 percent). It could also be an error-filled game for the Bears offense, which ranks 317th in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Midshipmen, which has forced the 10th-most turnovers in the nation (23.6 percent).
Morgan State Bears vs. Navy Midshipmen Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Navy, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears rank 146th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Midshipmen rank 287th (1.9).
- Navy ranks 201st in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while Morgan State ranks 313th (17.1).
- Navy ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.1) while Morgan State ranks 244th (37.1).
- The Midshipmen average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 249th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Navy ranks 147th in assists per game (13.8) while Morgan State ranks 307th (10.8).