The George Mason Patriots (5-7) will be at home in EagleBank Arena when they square off against the Morgan State Bears (4-6). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Morgan State Bears at George Mason Patriots Betting Preview
The Bears were beaten by the Manhattan Jaspers in their last outing, 80-66. Martez Cameron had a good performance for Morgan State, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Manhattan had an effective field goal percentage of 0.620 (above their season average of 0.519). Morgan State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.276 (above their season average of 0.254).
The last time the Patriots played, they were defeated by the Penn State Nittany Lions, 72-54. With 13 points and nine rebounds, George Mason’s Jaire Grayer had a solid game. Penn State held the Patriots to an effective field goal percentage of 0.370 (below their season average of 0.488). George Mason, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (14-17; 82.4 percent).
Morgan State Bears at George Mason Patriots Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Over
- The Patriots average 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 117th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 129th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- George Mason ranks 224th in assists per game (10.8) while Morgan State ranks 229th (10.3).
- George Mason ranks 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while Morgan State ranks 262nd (13.8).
- The Bears average 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 72nd in the NCAA. The Patriots rank 119th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- George Mason averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 119th in the nation. Morgan State ranks 139th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- The Patriots average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).