The No. 24 West Virginia Mountaineers (1-1) will be at home in WVU Coliseum when they meet the Morgan State Bears (2-1). Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Morgan State Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers Free Preview
The last time the Bears played, they were victorious over the Lincoln (PA) Lions, 72-60. Phillip Carr was the top scorer from either team with 12 points on 4-for-12 shooting. Morgan State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and a free throw rate of 0.235. For those same stats, Lincoln (PA) put up marks of 31.7 and 0.172, respectively.
The Mountaineers will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the American University Eagles in their last contest, 98-64. West Virginia received a boost from Jevon Carter, who was the games high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-15 shooting. West Virginia played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 8.0 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1. For those same stats, American University put up marks of 28.6 and 25.8, respectively.
West Virginia could own the offensive glass in this showdown. The Mountaineers rank seventh in offensive rebounding percentage (37.6 percent), while Morgan State ranks 284th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.4 percent) since last season. Moreover, the 322nd-ranked offense of the Bears (offensive efficiency of 96.9) will battle against the eighth-ranked defense of the Mountaineers (defensive efficiency of 93.4).
Morgan State Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – West Virginia, ATS Winner – West Virginia, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mountaineers rank 91st in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Bears rank 257th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- West Virginia ranks 179th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Morgan State ranks 288th (17.8).
- West Virginia ranks 21st in assists per game (16.5) while Morgan State ranks 304th (10.8).
- The Mountaineers average 10.1 steals per game, which ranks first in the nation. The Bears rank 219th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- West Virginia ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.8) while Morgan State ranks 229th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).