The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (8-5) look to continue their five-game home winning streak when they meet the Morehead State Eagles (4-7), who will try to snap their seven-game road losing streak. Tennessee Tech is an 8-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 150 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Morehead State Eagles at Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles ATS Preview
In the Eagles last contest, they lost to the Butler Bulldogs, 85-69. With 22 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Djimon Henson was the games high scorer. Butler had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 29.5). Morehead State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 15.5 (better than their season average of 21.9).
The Golden Eagles are hoping for a better outcome after their 87-59 loss to the Indiana Hoosiers in their last outing. With 10 points and eight rebounds, Tennessee Tech’s Mason Ramsey played well. Getting to the free throw line was one of Indiana’s largest strengths. They made 25 trips to the line, while Tennessee Tech went just 11 times.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this meeting that showcases two of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Tennessee Tech ranks 51st in possessions per game (74.3) and Morehead State is 60th (73.7).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Morehead State games have gone over 66.7 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of games featuring Tennessee Tech have finished under. The Golden Eagles have the better straight up (SU) record (8-5 vs. 4-7), but the Eagles hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (2-4 vs. 2-6-1).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after splitting two games last season. In the last contest, the Eagles won 73-68. Morehead State’s 0.294 free throw rate was their largest strength over Tennessee Tech, who had a rate of 0.194.
Morehead State Eagles vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tennessee Tech, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Over
- The Eagles average 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. The Golden Eagles rank 131st in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- Morehead State ranks 72nd in blocks per game (4.0) while Tennessee Tech ranks 135th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Morehead State is 1-4 ATS on the road with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, Tennessee Tech is 0-0-1 ATS with 1 over and 0 unders.
- Tennessee Tech averages 17.3 assists per game, which ranks 32nd in the NCAA. Morehead State ranks 227th in assists allowed per game (17.5).
- The Golden Eagles average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 30th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 144th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Morehead State ranks 172nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while Tennessee Tech ranks 244th in three pointers allowed per game (26.5).
- Tennessee Tech is 0-4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Morehead State is 1-1 ATS with 1 over and 1 under.
- The Golden Eagles have been outscored by an average of 10.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Tennessee Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 4.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 80.8 points per game (7.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (4.8 below their season average).