The Eastern Kentucky Colonels (8-18, 2-11 OVC) square off against the Morehead State Eagles (6-18, 2-11 OVC) look to end their losing streaks when they face off at McBrayer Arena. The Colonels have lost their last seven games, while the Eagles have lost five games in a row. Eastern Kentucky is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Morehead State Eagles at Eastern Kentucky Colonels Odds Preview
In the Eagles last outing, they lost to the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 78-62. Morehead State’s Malek Green put up 11 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Southeast Missouri State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.535). Morehead State, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.294 (above their season average of 0.252).
The Colonels are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-69 loss to the UT Martin Skyhawks in their last outing. Nick Mayo was the games high scorer with 36 points on 13-for-21 shooting. UT Martin had a better free throw rate (0.113 vs. 0.051). Eastern Kentucky, meanwhile, forced the Skyhawks into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above the 16.3 mark opponents have averaged against Eastern Kentucky this season).
Morehead State figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Eagles rank 62nd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 percent), while Eastern Kentucky ranks 271st in defensive rebounding percentage (69.0 percent).
Of Morehead State’s 19 games that accepted bets, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of Eastern Kentucky’s 21 games have finished over the O/U total. The Colonels hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (8-18 vs. 6-18), but the Eagles have the better against the spread (ATS) record (10-9 vs. 7-14).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Eagles won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Morehead State won 67-62. Morehead State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.2 vs. 16.7). Eastern Kentucky, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.9 vs. 17.3).
Morehead State Eagles vs. Eastern Kentucky Colonels ATS Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
- The Eagles average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. The Colonels rank 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Eastern Kentucky is 0-7 ATS at home, while Morehead State is 6-5 ATS on the road.
- Of the Eagles 11 road games, they have 7 overs and 4 unders.
- Of the Colonels 7 home games, they have 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Morehead State ranks 90th in rebounds per game (36.9) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 206th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- The Colonels rank 183rd in assists per game (12.9) while the Eagles rank 247th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 125th in steals per game (6.2) while Morehead State ranks 167th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Eastern Kentucky is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Morehead State is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Colonels average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 5.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (4.4 above their season average).