The Central Arkansas Bears (3-3) will be at home in Farris Center when they take on the Morehead State Eagles (1-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Morehead State Eagles at Central Arkansas Bears ATS Preview
The Eagles got blown out by the Virginia Tech Hokies in their last outing, 96-63. With 17 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Djimon Henson was Morehead State high scorer. Virginia Tech did a great job of converting from the free throw line (24-27; 88.9 percent). Morehead State, on the other hand, held the Hokies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.0 (below their season average of 29.7).
In the Bears last game, they were blown out by the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 92-72. With 12 points and 12 rebounds, Central Arkansas Mathieu Kamba had a good performance. Tulsa had an effective field goal percentage of 0.649 (above their season average of 0.529). Central Arkansas, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.6 (above their season average of 25.1).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Central Arkansas. Since the 2016-17 season, Central Arkansas ranks 203rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Morehead State has forced the 81st-most turnovers in the nation (20.4 percent). Additionally, the Eagles could control the offensive glass in this matchup as they rank 22nd in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.6 percent. The Bears, meanwhile, rank 291st at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 68.4 percent.
The Eagles won the sole game against the Bears last season, 111-85. The Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.658. The Bears were 28.9 and 0.531, respectively, for those same stats.
Morehead State Eagles at Central Arkansas Bears ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Arkansas, ATS Winner – Central Arkansas, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 124th in steals per game (6.5) while the Bears rank 201st in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Central Arkansas averages 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 177th in the nation. Morehead State ranks 201st in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Morehead State ranks 64th in assists per game (15.2) while Central Arkansas ranks 308th in assists allowed per game (18.2).
- The Eagles rank 52nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.9) while the Bears rank 290th (38.2).
- Morehead State ranks 221st in three pointers allowed per game (22.3) while Central Arkansas ranks 318th (26.4).