The Morehead State Eagles (4-6) will attempt to snap a six-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head against the Butler Bulldogs (8-3) at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Butler is a 22.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 138.5 points. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Morehead State Eagles vs. Butler Bulldogs Betting Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they defeated the Central Arkansas Bears, 98-94. Jordan Walker was Morehead State’s leading scorer with 23 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Morehead State played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.215) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 37.1). Central Arkansas was 0.179 and 32.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 82-67 loss to the No. 17 Purdue Boilermakers in their last contest. With 15 points and eight rebounds, Butler’s Paul Jorgensen played well. Purdue did an excellent job of making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent). Butler, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 27.7).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Morehead State. Morehead State ranks 351st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 26.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Butler forces the 37th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.5 percent).
Of Morehead State’s 5 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Butler’s 10 games have finished over the O/U total. The Bulldogs hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-3 SU and 6-4 ATS, while the Eagles are 4-6 SU and 1-4 ATS.
Kelan Martin has been excellent recently for Butler, averaging 20.8 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
Morehead State Eagles at Butler Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 59th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bulldogs rank 119th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Butler averages 21.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 144th in the NCAA. Morehead State ranks 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- Butler ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Morehead State ranks 212th (17.1).
- The Eagles rank 37th in rebounds per game (39.9) while the Bulldogs rank 205th (33.8).
- Butler ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Morehead State ranks 158th (7.4).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 82.6 points per game (8.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (4.9 below their season average).