The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (4-15, 1-5 OVC) welcome the Morehead State Eagles (9-10, 3-3 OVC) to Hooper Eblen Arena. The Eagles can put an end to an eight-game road losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Morehead State Eagles vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams lost big in their last outing. The Golden Eagles fell to the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 84-59, while the Eagles were defeated by the Belmont Bruins, 77-59.
Morehead State had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 16.5) while Tennessee Tech had a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.128). Jr. Clay fueled Tennessee Tech with 22 points. James Baker played well for Morehead State, recording 16 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Djimon Henson led the Eagles to an 83-72 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 19 points. Making free throws was one of Morehead State’s largest advantages. They were 19-22 (86.4 percent), while the Golden Eagles were 12-16 (75.0 percent).
Points at the line could be few and far between for Morehead State in this meeting. The Eagles currently rank 280th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.194, while Tennessee Tech ranks 86th in FTA rate allowed (0.187).
Morehead State Eagles at Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Tennessee Tech, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Over
- Morehead State ranks 89th in assists per game (13.9) while Tennessee Tech ranks 227th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Eagles rank 41st in blocks per game (4.5) while the Golden Eagles rank 117th (3.1).
- Morehead State ranks 86th in rebounds per game (37.6) while Tennessee Tech ranks 153rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- The Eagles rank 49th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Golden Eagles rank 175th (7.6).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 102nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Morehead State ranks 226th (19.1).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 10.1 for the season.