The Montana State Bobcats (9-9, 3-4 BigSky) will be at the Dee Events Center to take on the Weber State Wildcats (6-12, 2-5 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Montana State Bobcats at Weber State Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Wildcats fell to the Portland State Vikings, 92-76, while the Bobcats were defeated by the Eastern Washington Eagles, 71-58.
Montana State held Eastern Washington to an effective field goal percentage of 0.463 (below their season average of 0.540) while Weber State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.558 vs. 0.520). Cody John put together a solid outing for Weber State with 29 points. Harald Frey had a good outing for Montana State, finishing with 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
The Wildcats dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Weber State won 94-82. Weber State’s 0.643 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Montana State, who had a rate of 0.515. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Weber State should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Weber State ranks 54th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.2 percent), while Montana State forces the 10th-fewest turnovers (16.0 percent).
Montana State Bobcats at Weber State Wildcats Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Weber State, ATS Winner – Weber State, O/U – Over
- Montana State ranks 191st in rebounds per game (34.8) while Weber State ranks 272nd (31.5).
- The Bobcats average 11.6 assists per game, which ranks 198th in the NCAA. The Wildcats rank 224th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Wildcats rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bobcats rank 86th (3.2).
- Weber State ranks 172nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Montana State ranks 227th (19.0).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 63.4 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Weber State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.2 points.