The North Dakota Fighting Hawks (11-19, 6-12 BigSky) and the Montana State Bobcats (13-18, 6-12 BigSky) clash in the Big Sky Conference Tourney at Reno Events Center. Tip-off is set for 3:05 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
Montana State Bobcats vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks Betting Preview
The last time the Bobcats played, they lost a close one to the Weber State Wildcats, 95-92. With 24 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Konner Frey led Montana State in scoring. Weber State did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (32-39; 82.1 percent). Montana State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 28.6).
The Fighting Hawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 97-90 loss to the Portland State Vikings in their last outing. With 17 points, seven assists and six rebounds, Geno Crandall played well for North Dakota. Portland State forced the Fighting Hawks into a turnover percentage of 20.0 (above their season average of 16.1). North Dakota, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 20.2).
Second-chance points could be scarce for North Dakota in this battle. The Fighting Hawks rank 344th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.8 percent), while Montana State ranks 92nd in defensive rebounding percentage (73.3 percent).
Crandall has taken his game to another level over the last five games for North Dakota, averaging 21.4 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 steals per game.
These two teams have already met twice this year, each winning once. In the most recent game, Crandall recorded 17 points, six rebounds and six assists and the Fighting Hawks topped the Bobcats 75-74. North Dakota had a better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 15.6). Montana State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.9 vs. 14.7).
Montana State Bobcats vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks Betting Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Montana State, ATS Winner – Montana State, O/U – Over
- Montana State ranks 103rd in rebounds per game (36.3) while North Dakota ranks 272nd (30.8).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 21st in steals per game (7.8) while the Bobcats rank 189th (5.4).
- North Dakota ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Montana State ranks 118th (3.4).
- The Fighting Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, North Dakota has been defeated by an average of 6.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 91.6 points per game (12.6 above their season average).