The Washington Huskies (9-3) will be at home in Alaska Airlines Arena when they challenge the Montana Grizzlies (7-4). Washington is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 154.5 points. Action begins at 11 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Montana Grizzlies vs. Washington Huskies Odds Preview
The Grizzlies won big over the UC Irvine Anteaters in their last game, 86-68. Jamar Akoh was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Montana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 16.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 34.2). For those same stats, UC Irvine was 19.8 and 31.3, respectively.
In the Huskies last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 106-55. Washington rallied around Jaylen Nowell, who put up 15 points and five assists. The Huskies had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.739 (above their season average of 0.524), while the Wildcats had a turnover percentage of 25.3 (above their season average of 16.8).
The aggressive Washington offense could be living from the foul line in this contest. The Huskies currently rank 29th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.307, while Montana ranks 345th in FTA rate allowed (0.362). Moreover, the Grizzlies rank 50th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 percent), while the Huskies rank 263rd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.0 percent).
Games involving these teams tend to finish over the O/U total. Montana games have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Washington games have gone over. The Huskies hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (9-3 vs. 7-4), but the Grizzlies have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (5-4 vs. 4-5-1).
Montana Grizzlies vs. Washington Huskies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Washington, ATS Winner – Washington, O/U – Over
- The Grizzlies rank 48th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Huskies rank 94th (33.8).
- Both of these teams are great at stealing the ball. Washington is 15th in the nation with 9.1 steals per game while Montana is 51st with 7.7 steals per game.
- On the road, Montana is 2-4 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Washington is 2-4-1 ATS at home with 4 overs and 3 unders.
- Montana ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Washington ranks 239th (18.0).
- The Grizzlies rank first in three pointers allowed per game (14.2) while the Huskies rank 189th (23.8).
- Washington ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while Montana ranks 154th (4.6).
- Washington is 1-2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Montana is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Huskies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average).