The Stanford Cardinal (3-5) will be at home in Maples Pavilion when they square off against the Montana Grizzlies (4-2). Stanford is a 7-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149.5 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Montana Grizzlies vs. Stanford Cardinal ATS Preview
The Grizzlies were victorious over the Carroll (MT) Fighting Saints in their last game, 86-75. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Jamar Akoh played well for Montana. The Grizzlies had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (42.4 vs. 13.6) and had a much better turnover percentage (18.4 vs. 27.1).
The last time the Cardinal played, they were beaten by the Portland State Vikings, 87-78. Reid Travis was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 10-for-18 shooting. Portland State had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 15.4). Stanford, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.492).
The physical Stanford offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this meeting. The Cardinal rank 55th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.282, while Montana ranks 336th in FTA rate allowed (0.318) dating back to last season.
There does not appear to be a trend for either of these teams in terms of going over or under the projected point total. The Grizzlies hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-2 SU and 1-3 ATS, while the Cardinal are 3-5 SU and 1-7 ATS.
Montana Grizzlies at Stanford Cardinal ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Montana, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinal rank 212th in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Grizzlies rank 267th (33.9).
- Montana ranks 180th in blocks per game (3.1) while Stanford ranks 231st (2.7).
- Montana ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (17.5) while Stanford ranks 205th (22.2).
- The Grizzlies rank 34th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Cardinal rank 204th (13.8).
- Montana ranks 30th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Stanford ranks 182nd (6.5).