The No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats (7-1) and the Monmouth Hawks (3-6) clash at Madison Square Garden. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Monmouth Hawks vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Preview
The last time the Hawks played, they lost a close one to the Hofstra Pride, 85-84. Monmouth’s Micah Seaborn had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Hofstra had a much better turnover percentage (12.1 vs. 20.6). Monmouth, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.655 (above their season average of 0.510).
The Wildcats will look to keep it rolling after topping the Harvard Crimson in their last game, 79-70. Hamidou Diallo had a good game for Kentucky, recording 19 points and six rebounds. Kentucky dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.446 (above their season average of 0.238) and a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 18.8). For those same stats, Harvard recorded marks of 0.194 and 17.8, respectively.
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that features a pair of the nation’s more fast-paced teams. Kentucky ranks 44th in possessions per game (73.4) and Monmouth is 29th (74.4) dating back to last season.
Monmouth Hawks vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks rank 106th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Wildcats rank 257th (18.6).
- Kentucky ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Monmouth ranks 153rd (6.3).
- Kentucky ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (39.9) while Monmouth ranks 271st in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Wildcats average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks 17th in the nation. The Hawks rank 217th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Kentucky ranks 54th in assists per game (15.5) while Monmouth ranks 235th (12.3).