The Connecticut Huskies (5-2) will be at home in XL Center when they meet the Monmouth Hawks (3-4). Connecticut opened as a 7-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 140.5 points. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Monmouth Hawks at Connecticut Huskies Odds Preview
The last time the Hawks played, they were victorious over the Albany Great Danes, 81-73. With 15 points and seven rebounds, Zac Tillman had a solid outing for Monmouth. The Hawks had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 22.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.486).
The Huskies will look to keep it rolling after beating the Columbia Lions in their last matchup, 77-73. Connecticut rallied around Christian Vital, who was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Connecticut played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.197 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 15.0 (better than their season average of 15.6). Columbia recorded marks of 0.130 and 17.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Connecticut might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Monmouth ranks 89th in defensive efficiency, while the Huskies rank 230th in offensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season. It will also be a battle of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Hawks rank 18th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Huskies rank 319th.
Of Monmouth’s 3 games with betting action, two have finished under the O/U total, while 2 of Connecticut’s 4 games have finished over the O/U total. The Huskies have the better straight up (SU) record (5-2 vs. 3-4), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Connecticut is 1-3, while Monmouth is 1-2 ATS.
Monmouth Hawks at Connecticut Huskies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Connecticut, ATS Winner – Monmouth, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks rank 123rd in steals per game (6.5) while the Huskies rank 269th (4.8).
- Connecticut ranks 231st in assists per game (12.4) while Monmouth ranks 246th (12.2).
- Connecticut averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 20th in the nation. Monmouth ranks 233rd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Hawks rank 87th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Huskies rank 269th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- Connecticut ranks 113th in rebounds per game (36.9) while Monmouth ranks 288th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).