The Missouri Tigers (12-4, 2-1 SEC) travel to Arkansas to take on the Razorbacks (11-5, 1-3 SEC) in what should be a high-scoring game. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Missouri Tigers at Arkansas Razorbacks Odds Preview
In the Tigers last outing, they were victorious over the Georgia Bulldogs, 68-56. With 15 points and 10 rebounds, Jontay Porter put together a solid performance for Missouri. Missouri dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.259 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 18.9). For those same stats, Georgia was 0.085 and 16.4, respectively.
The Razorbacks are hoping for a better outcome after their 75-54 loss to the LSU Tigers in their last contest. Jaylen Barford was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 6-for-15 shooting. LSU held the Razorbacks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.368 (below their season average of 0.569). Arkansas, on the other hand, held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.1 (below their season average of 34.5).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the nations premier offenses face off. Arkansas currently ranks 31st with 115.5 points per 100 possessions and Missouri is 24th (116.4). Furthermore, the Tigers are among the nations elite at getting to the line, ranking 31st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.293). The Razorbacks, meanhwile, rank 264th in opponents FTA rate (0.265).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Tigers won the most recent contest 83-78. The Tigers turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Razorbacks. Missouri had a rate of 13.2, while Arkansas posted a mark of 21.3.
Missouri Tigers vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Missouri, O/U – Over
- The Razorbacks rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Tigers rank 76th (6.1).
- Arkansas ranks 29th in blocks per game (5.1) while Missouri ranks 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Missouri ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while Arkansas ranks 160th (35.8).
- The Tigers rank 12th in assists allowed per game (10.1) while the Razorbacks rank 121st (13.4).
- Missouri averages 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 83rd in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 175th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Razorbacks have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Arkansas has defeated opponents by an average of 10.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (3.8 above their season average).