The Alabama Crimson Tide (14-7, 5-3 SEC) will attempt to extend a five-game home winning streak when they clash with the Missouri Tigers (13-8, 3-5 SEC) at Coleman Coliseum. Alabama is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 136.5 points. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Missouri Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Preview
The Tigers lost to the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last contest, 74-62. Missouri’s Kassius Robertson had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Mississippi State did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (10-14; 71.4 percent). Missouri, on the other hand, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 32.8).
In the Crimson Tide’s last game, they beat the No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners, 80-73. Alabama was led by Herbert Jones, who recorded 14 points and five rebounds. The Crimson Tide had a much better free throw rate (0.222 vs. 0.099) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.518).
Look for Missouri to dominate the offensive glass in this meeting. The Tigers rank 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 percent), while Alabama ranks 258th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.3 percent).
Of Missouri’s 19 games with betting action, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of Alabama’s 19 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (13-8 for Missouri; 14-7 for Alabama), but the Crimson Tide hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Alabama is 11-8-1 ATS, while the Tigers are 10-10.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Crimson Tide won both contests last season. In the last game, Alabama won 57-54. Alabama had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 vs. 28.6). Missouri, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.320 vs. 0.264).
Missouri Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Missouri, O/U – Under
- The Crimson Tide rank 67th in steals per game (7.0) while the Tigers rank 121st in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Missouri is 28th in the nation with 11.0 assists allowed per game while Alabama is 52nd with 11.7 assists allowed per game.
- Missouri is 5-5 ATS on the road with 5 overs and 5 unders.
- At home, Alabama is 6-3-1 ATS with 8 unders and 1 over.
- Missouri ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while Alabama ranks 189th (36.1).
- The Tigers rank 84th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Crimson Tide rank 226th (19.2).
- Alabama ranks fourth in blocks per game (6.3) while Missouri ranks 124th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Alabama is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Missouri is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Crimson Tide’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 61.2 points per game (12.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).