The Gamecocks of South Carolina (-2) are set to host their SEC foe Missouri Tigers at Williams-Brice Stadium. SEC Network will broadcast the action and the game is scheduled to kick off at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Missouri Tigers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks
Missouri is projected as the underdog and is currently getting 2 points in this SEC game. The Tigers are also receiving +110 moneyline odds while the Gamecocks are -130. Oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 64.5 points. Multiple good live betting opportunities might present themselves during this game.
The Tigers are 2-1-1 against the spread (ATS) and have recorded 1.0 unit so far. The team has recorded an O/U mark of 3-0.
The Gamecocks have lost 1.1 units this season. The team is 2-2 ATS and has an even O/U record of 2-2.
The Tigers have gone 3-1 straight up (SU), including 0-1 SU against conference opponents. The Gamecocks are 2-2 SU overall and 1-2 SU in conference play.
The Tigers lost to Georgia 43-29 in a matchup where their defense allowed the Bulldogs to rush for 185 yards on 40 attempts. On the offensive side of the ball, Drew Lock completed only 23-of-48 passes for 221 yards and one interception. Damarea Crockett (67 yards on 13 rush attempts, one TD) and Tyler Badie (50 yards on 11 carries, one TD) provided the ground attack while Albert Okwuegbunam (nine receptions, 81 yards) and Johnathon Johnson (four catches, 51 yards) handled the receiving duties in the defeat.
South Carolina just suffered a 24-10 loss to Kentucky. As a group, the team collectively completed 17-of-34 passes for 193 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions. Jake Bentley went 13-for-28 for 148 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions while Michael Scarnecchia was four-of-six for 45 yards. Rico Dowdle (44 rushing yards on 13 attempts) led the running game as Shi Smith (four receptions, 40 yards) and Bryan Edwards (three catches, 25 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the loss.
Each of these teams has a similar run-pass ratio on the season. Missouri’s run the ball on 50.4 percent of its offensive possessions while South Carolina has a rush percentage of 49.3. The Tigers have rushed for 193.0 yards per game and have eight touchdowns on the ground this year. The Gamecocks are logging 179.5 rushing yards per game (151.7 in conference) and have five total rush TDs.
The Tigers offensive scheme has logged a ridiculous 347.0 yards per contest through the air overall and has 11 passing scores so far. The Gamecocks have put up 257.5 pass yards per outing (245 against SEC competition) and have nine total pass TDs.
Defensively, Missouri has let opponents run for an average of 102.3 yards and pass for 293.8 yards per game. The South Carolina defense has given up 159.5 yards per game to opposing passers and 171.0 yards per game to opposing runners. The Gamecocks are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of only 4.92 to opponents, while the Tigers have given up an 8.49 ANY/A.
Lock probably has the edge over Bentley in this one, as his adjusted net yards per pass attempt stands at 8.41for the year and 5.70 over the last two outings. Bentley’s ANY/A is 5.04 for the season and 4.44 across his last two games.
When these two schools met a year ago, South Carolina got the victory 31-13.
Missouri Tigers at South Carolina Gamecocks Free Prediction
SU Winner: Missouri, ATS Winner: Missouri, O/U: Over
Team Betting Notes
- Missouri was getting 14 points in its previous game and the Over/Under was set at 68. The over cashed and the spread pushed in the 43-29 defeat to Georgia.
- As a team, Missouri has averaged 4.71317829457364 yards per carry across its last three contests and 4.9 over its last two.
- South Carolina has averaged 4.4 yards per carry over its last three outings and 4.8 over its past two.
- Both teams have lost three fumbles this year.
- In its last three games, Missouri is 1-1-1 ATS and the over cashed in each of those three.
- South Carolina was favored by one point in its last matchup and the Over/Under was set at 52.5. The under cashed and South Carolina did not cover in the 24-10 defeat to Kentucky.
- Over its last three matchups, South Carolina is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The Tigers offense has registered five pass plays of 40 or more yards, while the Gamecocks have put up three such plays.
- The Missouri defense has allowed nine pass plays of 40 yards or more, while South Carolina has given up one such play.
- The Missouri offense has created three rushing plays of 20 yards or more, while South Carolina has created six such runs.
- The Tigers defense has allowed two rushing plays of 20 yards or more, while the Gamecocks have given up four such runs.
- The South Carolina defensive unit has sacked opposing QBs seven times this year. Missouri has recorded five sacks.