The Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (2-9) look to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Missouri State when they welcome the Bears (9-2) to Mabee Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 138.5 points with Missouri State opening as a 10.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Missouri State Bears at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Odds Preview
The last time the Bears played, they were victorious over the Hampton Pirates, 88-75. Alize Johnson was Missouri State’s high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Missouri State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (below their season average of 37.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.507). Hampton had marks of 14.3 and 0.516, respectively, for those same stats.
The Golden Eagles are trying to rebound after their 68-60 loss to the Southern Nazarene Crimson Storm in their last contest. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Javan White put together a solid game for Oral Roberts. Southern Nazarene had a better effective field goal percentage (0.462 vs. 0.375). Oral Roberts, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 20.2).
Points at the line might be hard to come by for Oral Roberts in this showdown. The Golden Eagles rank 258th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.197, while Missouri State ranks 39th in FTA rate allowed (0.186). Moreover, the 14th-ranked defense of the Bears (opponents effective field goal percentage of 0.433) will face off against the 265th-ranked offense of the Golden Eagles (effective field goal percentage of 0.455).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Missouri State games have finished under 62.5 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of games involving Oral Roberts have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bears have a clear advantage. They are 9-2 SU and 5-3 ATS, while the Golden Eagles are 2-9 SU and 4-5 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Bears won the lone game last season, 86-76. The Bears turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Golden Eagles. Missouri State had a rate of 4.4, while Oral Roberts posted a mark of 14.2.
Missouri State Bears vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. The Golden Eagles rank 114th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Oral Roberts ranks 219th in three pointers attempted per game (18.0) while Missouri State ranks 248th (18.2).
- Missouri State is 4-2 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Oral Roberts is 1-0 ATS with 1 over and 0 unders.
- Missouri State ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Oral Roberts ranks 235th (17.5).
- The Bears average 42.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the nation. The Golden Eagles rank 226th in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).
- Missouri State ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Oral Roberts ranks 161st (6.7).
- Oral Roberts is 3-1 ATS with 4 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Missouri State is 3-0 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.4, down from 12.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.2 points per game (3.0 below their season average).