The Bradley Braves (14-7, 4-4 MVC) welcome the Missouri State Bears (15-6, 5-3 MVC) to Carver Arena as they try to continue their eight-game home winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 127.5 points with neither team favored. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Missouri State Bears at Bradley Braves Free Preview
In the Bears last game, they lost a close one to the Drake Bulldogs, 61-58. Missouri State’s Jarrid Rhodes put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Drake did an excellent job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent). Missouri State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 15.8).
The Braves come in on a high note after topping the Evansville Aces in their last contest, 66-53. Bradley’s Donte Thomas played well, recording 13 points and 12 rebounds. Bradley played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.509 (above their season average of 0.493) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (below their season average of 33.0). Evansville had marks of 0.377 and 25.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Bradley might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Missouri State ranks 26th in defensive efficiency, while the Braves rank 270th in offensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have typically gone under the projected point total. Missouri State games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while games featuring Bradley have finished under 78.9 percent of the time. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (15-6 for Missouri State; 14-7 for Bradley), but the Braves have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Bradley is 10-7-2 ATS, while the Bears are 8-10.
Thomas has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Bradley, averaging 15.4 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Braves won the last contest 77-68. The Braves dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.0 and a turnover percentage of 14.3. For those same stats, the Bears were 3.8 and 24.1, respectively.
Missouri State Bears at Bradley Braves Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Missouri State, O/U – Under
- The Bears rank 47th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Braves rank 105th (6.3).
- Missouri State is 5-6 ATS on the road, while Bradley is 7-0-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Bears 11 road games, they have 7 unders and 4 overs.
- In 9 home games, the Braves have 6 unders and 3 overs.
- Missouri State ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Bradley ranks 96th (12.7).
- The Bears rank 18th in rebounds per game (40.5) while the Braves rank 99th (37.1).
- Bradley ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Missouri State ranks 85th (3.4).
- Bradley is 1-3-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Missouri State is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Braves have been outscored by an average of 6.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Bradley has defeated opponents by an average of 4.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (5.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).