The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-11) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they go head-to-head with the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (9-2) at Thomas & Mack Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Preview
The Delta Devils were blown out by the Grand Canyon Antelopes in their last outing, 71-38. Dante Scott had a solid performance for Mississippi Valley State, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Grand Canyon won the rebounding battle. The Antelopes had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (33 vs. 21) and total rebounds (49 vs. 30).
The last time the Runnin’ Rebels played, they beat the Pacific Tigers, 81-76. Brandon McCoy had a good outing for UNLV, recording 21 points and 13 rebounds. UNLV dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.510 (above their season average of 0.307) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.563). Pacific put up marks of 0.191 and 0.463, respectively, for those same stats.
UNLV could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Runnin’ Rebels currently rank 33rd in offensive efficiency, while Mississippi Valley State ranks 350th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Delta Devils, who rank 343rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.154), could struggle to get to the line against the Runnin’ Rebels, who rank 53rd in opponents FTA rate (0.187).
UNLV is 9-2 SU and 8-3 ATS. Of the Runnin’ Rebels 10 games that accepted bets, eight have finished over the total.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNLV, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Over
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 57th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Delta Devils rank 168th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- UNLV ranks fifth in rebounds per game (44.5) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 247th (31.4).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank eighth in assists per game (18.9) while the Delta Devils rank 238th (9.6).
- UNLV ranks 31st in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 245th (26.5).
- The Runnin’ Rebels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 17.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Delta Devils have scored an average of 56.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (1.1 below their season average).