The Southeastern Louisiana Lions (3-3) and the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-5) square off at Pete Hanna Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions Odds Preview
In the Delta Devils last contest, they were beaten by the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 63-50. With 15 points on 6-for-16 shooting, Tereke Eckwood was the top scorer from either team. Loyola Chicago did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (14-18; 77.8 percent). Mississippi Valley State, meanwhile, forced the Ramblers into a turnover percentage of 23.6 (above their season average of 17.4).
The Lions come in on a high note after defeating the Samford Bulldogs in their last outing, 77-71. Marlain Veal played a key role for Southeastern Louisiana with 14 points and 10 assists. The Lions forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.475).
Expect Southeastern Louisiana to dominate the offensive glass in this meeting. The Lions rank 24th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 percent), while Mississippi Valley State ranks 332nd in defensive rebounding percentage (66.1 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season. It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Delta Devils, which ranks 255th in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Lions, which has forced the 23rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.1 percent).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 85th in the nation. The Delta Devils rank 249th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 162nd in blocks per game (3.2) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 285th (1.9).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 310th (39.4).
- The Lions rank 62nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Delta Devils rank 273rd (23.8).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 98th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 307th (16.7).