The undefeated Loyola Chicago Ramblers (4-0) try to continue their impressive start when they square off against the winless Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-4) at Joseph J. Gentile Center. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Preview
In the Delta Devils last outing, they fell to the Kent State Golden Flashes, 80-67. Mississippi Valley States Emmanuel Ejeh had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Kent State had a much better free throw rate (0.246 vs. 0.136). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 20.3).
The Ramblers come in on a high note after blowing out the Samford Bulldogs in their last outing, 88-67. With 18 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Marques Townes was the games leading scorer. The Ramblers made 19 of their 26 free throws (73.1 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.734 (above their season average of 0.590).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Loyola Chicago figures to have a noteworthy edge. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Ramblers offense ranks 11th in that metric at 0.566, while the Mississippi Valley State defense ranks 349th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.570). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Delta Devils, which ranks 262nd in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.8 percent). Theyll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Ramblers, which has forced the 47th-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ramblers rank 60th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Delta Devils rank 257th (7.3).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 229th in blocks per game (2.6) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 278th (1.9).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 30th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 304th (39.5).
- The Ramblers rank 63rd in assists allowed per game (11.8) while the Delta Devils rank 301st (16.7).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 52nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 275th (24.0).